UX Design Immersive
June 2015 - August 2015
B.A. Media Arts and Sciences
August 2007 - May 2011
General Assembly Design Student Mentor
uShip | Interaction Designer | Sept 2015 - Present
Designing user experiences and interfaces for the world's largest and most trusted transportation marketplace. Using participatory and iterative techniques, including observational studies, user interviews, and usability testing, to build consumer web products and enterprise solutions.
- Conceptualized and wrote documentation for key UX components of a new design language system
- Strengthened user research practices by developing new testing procedures and facilitating user interviews and usability testing
- Initiated company-wide effort to increase awareness and adherence to web accessibility standards
New Spin | Product Manager | Aug 2014 - Jun 2015
Managed and improved design, user experience, and marketing efforts for You Control: a web-based asset management application for sharing, conversion, storage, and collaboration around big data in civil infrastructure.
- Sole user experience and interface designer; responsible for the creation of high fidelity mockups referenced by designers and engineers to empower visual design and front-end development
- Translated strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Developed user stories and planned sprints to develop a minimum viable product for launch
- Supervised a multidisciplinary sales, support, and marketing team and oversaw the development of product positioning and messaging
Jostens | Product Manager, Digital Product Designer | Aug 2012 - Aug 2014
Worked with a multidisciplinary team to design, market, and drive the development of Jostens’ SchoolWay mobile app from conception through the entire product life cycle –increasing app usage by over 1 million parents, students, and school administrators in just two years.
- Designed flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interactions
- Partnered with engineers to define requirements, prioritize features, and oversee the development and release of app updates
- Contributed to high-level strategic decisions to determine product strategy and vision
- Supervised a customer service and engagement team to ensure quality customer experiences and drive process and product improvements
Design Institute for Health | UX Designer | Jul 2015 - Aug 2015
Worked in conjunction with the Design Institute for Health and UT's Dell Medical School to design a digital healthcare ally for ambulatory surgical patients.
- Conducted patient interviews, performed contextual inquiry, mapped out a patient journey, and ideated features for a patient-centered mobile app
- Created a service blueprint identifying patient, caregiver, and medical staff touch points, and backend interactions and support processes needed to execute a mobile solution
ArteMuse | UX Researcher | Feb 2010 - May 2011
Worked with a team of student researchers and stakeholders to develop a system of mobile, multi-touch, and social interfaces to facilitate learning in museums.
- Designed usability testing procedure and administered studies
- Co-authored paper presenting design, development, and evaluation; presented at the 2011 Museums and the Web Conference